Skip to main content

Wicked Lies by Lora Leigh and Nobody's Prize by Esther M. Friesner!!!!!!!

Wicked Lies by Lora Leigh

Jazz has never been known as a good boy.

A good drinker. A good partier. A damned good builder, and a hell of a good liar. Those are all descriptions that come to mind when the citizens of Loudon, Tennessee, think of the tall, muscular, laughter-filled charmer they know as Jazz. And Jazz will admit to all of them: he likes to play; he likes to tease. And a little white lie surely never hurt anyone.

Until the sexy, too-shy kindergarten teacher, Annie. Annie sets fire to his lusts as well as to his heart. But Annie has a past he wasn’t aware of. A past that will draw Jazz into the heart of a conflict he had never expected to face.

Now, Jazz has to pull in some serious favors, just as he finds himself fighting a woman determined to save the charming liar who has never been serious. A man who has sworn to pass on love. A man who is now is telling the most wicked lies of his life to steal the heart of the woman who has stolen his soul.


Review:
Steamy mystery thriller!!!! Holy cow! I loved this book so much I devoured it! The romance scenes were just as intense as the grip the edge of your seat mystery! I didn't want to do anything but find out who and why?!?!?!?!? My heart broke as I was slowly fed information to the puzzle pieces laid before me. Slowly but surely the book molds your broken heart back together. I bought the next book after reading the epilog <3 I'm about to start it, and I'm really excited to see what happens for these other characters <3


Audience: 18+

Links to buy>>>
Barnes and Noble
Amazon

Add it to your Goodreads!!!



Nobody's Prize by Esther M. Friesner

In this rousing sequel to Nobody’s Princess, young Helen of Sparta is not about to be left behind when her older brothers head off to join the quest for the Golden Fleece. Accompanied by her friend Milo, and disguised as a boy herself, Helen sets out to join the crew of heroes aboard the massive ship known as The Argo. 

Helen quickly faces all sorts of danger. There are battles to be fought, as well as an encounter with a terrifying murderous princess. With her beauty blossoming, Helen’s journey takes her beyond the mythology of the Golden Fleece to Athens, where her very future as Queen of Sparta is threatened.


Review:
The second book finally arrived at my door!!! I loved it as much as the first, if not more!!! The same adventure seeking Helen and the troubles that lay in her path. I started this book at 11pm, and I shouldn't have because I couldn't put it down...I went to bed at 5am once I finished the entire book. No regrets! I wish the story would continue, but I understand why it didn't :(. She did an amazing job setting it all up for the grand finale though! I loved this story soooooooo much!!!

Audience: 13+

Links to buy>>>
Barnes and Noble (e-book)
Amazon

Add it to your Goodreads!!!


Happy reading, everyone!!
Kelsey <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Queen's Rising Series by Rebecca Ross

 I loved this series! I never wanted it to end! Rebecca Ross has an amazing writing style that pulls you into the story and won't let go. There's mystery which I love. I enjoy having something to figure out, and the author being able to keep the truth hidden until the end. Guessing is obviously my favorite, but I thoroughly enjoy being wrong at the end.  ;)  If you love fantasy and great storytelling, jump into this two book series! I can't wait to read more of her writing! The Queen's Rising When her seventeenth summer solstice arrives, Brienna desires only two things: to master her passion and to be chosen by a patron. Growing up in the southern kingdom of Valenia at the renowned Magnalia House should have prepared her. While some are born with a talent for one of the five passions—art, music, dramatics, wit, and knowledge—Brienna struggled to find hers until she chose knowledge. However, despite all her preparations, Brienna’s greatest fear comes true: she is left wi...

Three Dark Crowns Series by Kendare Blake!!!

Review:  I'm going to review all of these together because well...I read them all back to back and loved each one. It's also been a minute since I binged them. BUT these were amazing and I'm so glad I finally pulled the first one off my shelf, quickly realizing that I was going to need the rest of the series and immediately ordered the set to my house. These are a bit darker, but that just adds to the intrigue. The darkness pulls you in, begging you to unlock all of the dirty secrets hidden within. From the first synopsis you know the last queen gets the crown. But, Kendare Blake puts you into the lives of each sister. Letting you get to know them, their friends, their personalities. It's hard to root for one queen knowing the others would have to die. It would be easy if you could just hate them all from page one or possibly have one you love the most, but she goes and gets you attached to all of them with her amazing writing. I didn't want the story to end. There ...

Say You're Sorry By Karen Rose!

Say You're Sorry by Karen Rose Introducing the first novel in the pulse-pounding Sacramento series from  New York Times  bestselling author Karen Rose. There is a serial killer on the loose, preying on vulnerable women. The only identifiable mark the killer leaves are letters—sometimes one, sometimes two—all carved into the torsos of his victims. Together they spell “Sydney.” When he grabs Daisy Dawson, he believes he has found his next victim. But despite her small stature, she fights back with an expertise that quickly frees her. Before fleeing the scene, Daisy also manages to grab what proves to be crucial evidence: a necklace from around the killer’s neck. The necklace is more than a trivial item—it is a link to a cold case that Special Agent Gideon Reynolds has been tracking for seventeen years. With Daisy’s help, Gideon finally has the opportunity to get closer to the truth than ever before. But they might not get the chance, as the serial killer has a new target: ...