Skip to main content

In-Between Post!!! Great Books!!!

Hey guys!!!

Sorry for the delay! It's been almost a month! Yikes! It's been crazy here with exams and a bathroom remodel!!! I hope to get back on the reading grind soon!!!


Before                       After

Tons of hard work! I'm so thankful to everyone that helped and of course my husband! 

Currently reading: Caged In Winter by Brighton Walsh

To tie you over, here's three books I love that I haven't talked about yet! 


A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb

In the class of the high school English teacher she has been haunting, Helen feels them: for the first time in 130 years, human eyes are looking at her. They belong to a boy, a boy who has not seemed remarkable until now. And Helen--terrified, but intrigued--is drawn to him. The fact that he is in a body and she is not presents this unlikely couple with their first challenge. But as the lovers struggle to find a way to be together, they begin to discover the secrets of their former lives and of the young people they come to possess.





Audience: 13+
Review: 

I fell in love with this book. It's still one I love to recommend. It has been years since I've read it and parts of it still stick plain as day. I remember the loneliness you feel for these characters and the want for something better. Even the body characters are interesting, if you choose to stop and think about them as you go. Must read. 


Links to buy>>>

Add it to your Goodreads!!!



Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Wiess

They promised Meredith nine years of safety, but only gave her three. 

Her father was supposed to be locked up until Meredith turned eighteen. She thought she had time to grow up, get out, and start a new life. But Meredith is only fifteen, and today her father is coming home from prison. 
Today her time has run out.

Audience: Mature: 13+

Review:
<3 Such an important book. It is disturbing, so if you're ready for something real that will make you want you turn your head when you know you shouldn't, pick up this book. If you are ready to face the monster head on, pick up this book. I promise this is one you won't forget. <3


Links to Buy>>>

Add it to your Goodreads!!!


The Cellar by Natasha Preston

Nothing ever happens in the town of Long Thorpe – that is, until sixteen-year-old Summer Robinson disappears without a trace. No family or police investigation can track her down. Spending months inside the cellar of her kidnapper with several other girls, Summer learns of Colin’s abusive past, and his thoughts of his victims being his family…his perfect, pure flowers. But flowers can’t survive long cut off from the sun, and time is running out….



Audience: Mature: 13+




Review: 

A book about what can happen to anyone if you're taken. It's a great, very dark novel surrounding these girls that are taken. It shows the difficult decisions they have to make day after day and what they have to do survive in the cellar....Must read! 




Links to buy>>>

Add it to your Goodreads!!!


Happy reading!!!
Kelsey <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Queen's Rising Series by Rebecca Ross

 I loved this series! I never wanted it to end! Rebecca Ross has an amazing writing style that pulls you into the story and won't let go. There's mystery which I love. I enjoy having something to figure out, and the author being able to keep the truth hidden until the end. Guessing is obviously my favorite, but I thoroughly enjoy being wrong at the end.  ;)  If you love fantasy and great storytelling, jump into this two book series! I can't wait to read more of her writing! The Queen's Rising When her seventeenth summer solstice arrives, Brienna desires only two things: to master her passion and to be chosen by a patron. Growing up in the southern kingdom of Valenia at the renowned Magnalia House should have prepared her. While some are born with a talent for one of the five passions—art, music, dramatics, wit, and knowledge—Brienna struggled to find hers until she chose knowledge. However, despite all her preparations, Brienna’s greatest fear comes true: she is left wi...

Three Dark Crowns Series by Kendare Blake!!!

Review:  I'm going to review all of these together because well...I read them all back to back and loved each one. It's also been a minute since I binged them. BUT these were amazing and I'm so glad I finally pulled the first one off my shelf, quickly realizing that I was going to need the rest of the series and immediately ordered the set to my house. These are a bit darker, but that just adds to the intrigue. The darkness pulls you in, begging you to unlock all of the dirty secrets hidden within. From the first synopsis you know the last queen gets the crown. But, Kendare Blake puts you into the lives of each sister. Letting you get to know them, their friends, their personalities. It's hard to root for one queen knowing the others would have to die. It would be easy if you could just hate them all from page one or possibly have one you love the most, but she goes and gets you attached to all of them with her amazing writing. I didn't want the story to end. There ...

Muffin Top By Avery Flynn Excerpt Reveal!!!

"Avery Flynn knocks it out of the park again!" - Tawna Fenske, USA Today bestselling author Muffin Top, a hot romantic comedy from USA Today bestselling author Avery Flynn is coming October 29th! The only thing about me that's a size zero is the filter on my mouth. I've got a big personality, a big rack, and a big number on the scale. And I'm perfectly fine with that. But when some random guy suggests I might not be eating alone if I'd ordered a salad instead of a hamburger I'm shocked silent, which is a feat, trust me. That brings us to one sexy fireman named Frankie Hartigan. He's hot. He's funny… And he's just apologized for being late for our "date" then glared at the fat-shaming jerk. Next thing I know, he's sitting down and ordering himself dinner. I have no problem telling him I don't need a pity date . . . unless of course it's to my high school reunion next week. Oops where did that last...