Skip to main content

The Martian By Andy Weir!!!

The Martian by Andy Weir

Six days ago, astronaut Mark Watney became one of the first people to walk on Mars. 

Now, he’s sure he’ll be the first person to die there.

After a dust storm nearly kills him and forces his crew to evacuate while thinking him dead, Mark finds himself stranded and completely alone with no way to even signal Earth that he’s alive—and even if he could get word out, his supplies would be gone long before a rescue could arrive. 

Chances are, though, he won’t have time to starve to death. The damaged machinery, unforgiving environment, or plain-old “human error” are much more likely to kill him first. 

But Mark isn’t ready to give up yet. Drawing on his ingenuity, his engineering skills — and a relentless, dogged refusal to quit — he steadfastly confronts one seemingly insurmountable obstacle after the next. Will his resourcefulness be enough to overcome the impossible odds against him?


Review:

I finally read this book after numerous friends told me I HAD to read it.
It did not disappoint. I watched the movie awhile before reading the novel, but I definitely loved the book. There were a ton of laugh out loud moments and it was exactly what I needed during that time in my life. Because really, how can you compare your loneliness to that of a man stranded on Mars? Right, you can't, so it was helpful for me anyways. I enjoyed so much about it but the humor kept me turning the pages even through the shit show he had to endure. I recommend grabbing a copy and devouring it, right now! :)


Links to buy>>>
Barnes and Noble
Amazon

Add it to your Goodreads!!!


Happy reading, lovelies,
Kelsey <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Queen's Rising Series by Rebecca Ross

 I loved this series! I never wanted it to end! Rebecca Ross has an amazing writing style that pulls you into the story and won't let go. There's mystery which I love. I enjoy having something to figure out, and the author being able to keep the truth hidden until the end. Guessing is obviously my favorite, but I thoroughly enjoy being wrong at the end.  ;)  If you love fantasy and great storytelling, jump into this two book series! I can't wait to read more of her writing! The Queen's Rising When her seventeenth summer solstice arrives, Brienna desires only two things: to master her passion and to be chosen by a patron. Growing up in the southern kingdom of Valenia at the renowned Magnalia House should have prepared her. While some are born with a talent for one of the five passions—art, music, dramatics, wit, and knowledge—Brienna struggled to find hers until she chose knowledge. However, despite all her preparations, Brienna’s greatest fear comes true: she is left wi...

Three Dark Crowns Series by Kendare Blake!!!

Review:  I'm going to review all of these together because well...I read them all back to back and loved each one. It's also been a minute since I binged them. BUT these were amazing and I'm so glad I finally pulled the first one off my shelf, quickly realizing that I was going to need the rest of the series and immediately ordered the set to my house. These are a bit darker, but that just adds to the intrigue. The darkness pulls you in, begging you to unlock all of the dirty secrets hidden within. From the first synopsis you know the last queen gets the crown. But, Kendare Blake puts you into the lives of each sister. Letting you get to know them, their friends, their personalities. It's hard to root for one queen knowing the others would have to die. It would be easy if you could just hate them all from page one or possibly have one you love the most, but she goes and gets you attached to all of them with her amazing writing. I didn't want the story to end. There ...

Say You're Sorry By Karen Rose!

Say You're Sorry by Karen Rose Introducing the first novel in the pulse-pounding Sacramento series from  New York Times  bestselling author Karen Rose. There is a serial killer on the loose, preying on vulnerable women. The only identifiable mark the killer leaves are letters—sometimes one, sometimes two—all carved into the torsos of his victims. Together they spell “Sydney.” When he grabs Daisy Dawson, he believes he has found his next victim. But despite her small stature, she fights back with an expertise that quickly frees her. Before fleeing the scene, Daisy also manages to grab what proves to be crucial evidence: a necklace from around the killer’s neck. The necklace is more than a trivial item—it is a link to a cold case that Special Agent Gideon Reynolds has been tracking for seventeen years. With Daisy’s help, Gideon finally has the opportunity to get closer to the truth than ever before. But they might not get the chance, as the serial killer has a new target: ...