Skip to main content

In-Between Post! Mermaids and Magic!!!


Hey guys!!
Still reading, so this in-between post is one that will sweep you away into a world that we all wish we could visit! This is a great end-of-summer read you won't want to miss!


The Mermaid's Mirror by L. K. Madigan

Lena has lived her whole life near the beach - walking for miles up and down the shore and breathing the salty air, swimming in the cold water, and watching the surfers rule the waves - the problem is, she's spent her whole life just watching.

As her sixteenth birthday approaches, Lena vows she will no longer watch from the sand: she will learn to surf.

But her father - a former surfer himself - refuses to allow her to take lessons. After his near drowning years ago, he can't bear to let Lena take up the risky sport.

Yet something keeps drawing Lena to the water... an ancient, powerful magic. And one morning Lena catches sight of this magic: a beautiful woman - with a silvery tail.

Now nothing can stop Lena from seeking the mermaid, not even the dangerous waves at Magic Crescent Cove.

And soon... what she sees in the mermaid's mirror will change her life forever.

Audience: 13+

Review: 
This book is magical and breathtaking. A story about finding yourself when you didn't know you were lost. It has a powerful father-daughter relationship that is built up and connects you to every aspect. The power of the ocean in many aspects draws you in from your very core. It's a must read that will have you gasping for more. 

Links to buy this book>>>

Barnes and Noble
Amazon
Add it to your Goodreads!!

Did you ever want to be a mermaid?? Let us know in the comments!!
Emma and Kelsey <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Queen's Rising Series by Rebecca Ross

 I loved this series! I never wanted it to end! Rebecca Ross has an amazing writing style that pulls you into the story and won't let go. There's mystery which I love. I enjoy having something to figure out, and the author being able to keep the truth hidden until the end. Guessing is obviously my favorite, but I thoroughly enjoy being wrong at the end.  ;)  If you love fantasy and great storytelling, jump into this two book series! I can't wait to read more of her writing! The Queen's Rising When her seventeenth summer solstice arrives, Brienna desires only two things: to master her passion and to be chosen by a patron. Growing up in the southern kingdom of Valenia at the renowned Magnalia House should have prepared her. While some are born with a talent for one of the five passions—art, music, dramatics, wit, and knowledge—Brienna struggled to find hers until she chose knowledge. However, despite all her preparations, Brienna’s greatest fear comes true: she is left wi...

Three Dark Crowns Series by Kendare Blake!!!

Review:  I'm going to review all of these together because well...I read them all back to back and loved each one. It's also been a minute since I binged them. BUT these were amazing and I'm so glad I finally pulled the first one off my shelf, quickly realizing that I was going to need the rest of the series and immediately ordered the set to my house. These are a bit darker, but that just adds to the intrigue. The darkness pulls you in, begging you to unlock all of the dirty secrets hidden within. From the first synopsis you know the last queen gets the crown. But, Kendare Blake puts you into the lives of each sister. Letting you get to know them, their friends, their personalities. It's hard to root for one queen knowing the others would have to die. It would be easy if you could just hate them all from page one or possibly have one you love the most, but she goes and gets you attached to all of them with her amazing writing. I didn't want the story to end. There ...

Muffin Top By Avery Flynn Excerpt Reveal!!!

"Avery Flynn knocks it out of the park again!" - Tawna Fenske, USA Today bestselling author Muffin Top, a hot romantic comedy from USA Today bestselling author Avery Flynn is coming October 29th! The only thing about me that's a size zero is the filter on my mouth. I've got a big personality, a big rack, and a big number on the scale. And I'm perfectly fine with that. But when some random guy suggests I might not be eating alone if I'd ordered a salad instead of a hamburger I'm shocked silent, which is a feat, trust me. That brings us to one sexy fireman named Frankie Hartigan. He's hot. He's funny… And he's just apologized for being late for our "date" then glared at the fat-shaming jerk. Next thing I know, he's sitting down and ordering himself dinner. I have no problem telling him I don't need a pity date . . . unless of course it's to my high school reunion next week. Oops where did that last...