Skip to main content

Introduction AND The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee!!

Hey Everyone!!!

We are super excited to start our blog! In our blog we will post book reviews, either together or if we read different books, separate. This will allow us to cover more books, so you can see what we've been reading.

We both love reading so much and being able to pass along great books. This is a way that we can reach more people, and get to gush to all of you about the current/past books that we love and why we love them!

We will see how it goes! Hopefully we are able to post often to get you guys reading!

We recently did a video review on Youtube on The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee!
We were super excited to read this book that Kelsey raced to BN after class, checked the system (it said it was in the store!), called Emma demanding she get her butt to BN!, and searched through endless boxes until finally finding these beauties!!


It's beautiful! Here's what it's about!

The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee!!

New York City as you’ve never seen it before. A thousand-story tower stretching into the sky. A glittering vision of the future, where anything is possible—if you want it enough.

Welcome to Manhattan, 2118.

A hundred years in the future, New York is a city of innovation and dreams. But people never change: everyone here wants something…and everyone has something to lose.

Leda Cole’s flawless exterior belies a secret addiction—to a drug she never should have tried and a boy she never should have touched.

Eris Dodd-Radson’s beautiful, carefree life falls to pieces when a heartbreaking betrayal tears her family apart.

Rylin Myers’s job on one of the highest floors sweeps her into a world—and a romance—she never imagined…but will her new life cost Rylin her old one?

Watt Bakradi is a tech genius with a secret: he knows everything about everyone. But when he’s hired to spy by an upper-floor girl, he finds himself caught up in a complicated web of lies.

And living above everyone else on the thousandth floor is Avery Fuller, the girl genetically designed to be perfect. The girl who seems to have it all—yet is tormented by the one thing she can never have.

Debut author Katharine McGee has created a breathtakingly original series filled with high-tech luxury and futuristic glamour, where the impossible feels just within reach. But in this world, the higher you go, the farther there is to fall….


Audience: 13+

Links to buy it >> 

----Barnes and Noble -http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-t...

--Amazon -https://www.amazon.com/Thousandth-Flo...

We loved this book so much! Here's our awkward video on how much we loved it and what it compares to!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npHmJFdEz0k

Review (Kelsey):
Wow, yes! So first off lets just talk about the AMAZING writing style, and her imagination! Everything is on point in this book! The details floored me sometimes she thought of everything! Amazing. The story building! Yes it's still in America with similar things but also so futuristic. She started with a cement slab and built an amazing world where you could see, smell, and taste the different aspects of it all! 
The characters: I LOVE THEM ALL! I couldn't pick a favorite to ship until almost the end, and even now I'm torn between all the amazing couples. <3 
There were so many things this book brought to me feeling wise, but I loved getting the whispers of other novels I've read. R and J, Private by Kate Brian, and Gossip Girl by Cecily Von Ziegesar! 
I absolutely LOVE a book with mystery and even more so when I can't even begin to figure out the ending. I love not knowing. I love the suspense that builds as you try to figure it out, but you still just don't have it. 

JUST BUY THE BOOK!!! 
It's amazing, I love it, and I will continue to recommend it for years to come!! <3


We recently had a signing! Here's some photos of the AMAZING event!!! 























We hope you love it as much as we do!
Here's the Katharine McGee's website, so you can see if there are any events coming near you!!

If you've already read it, what did you think??? If you haven't, are you going to?? Let us know in the comments!!!

Happy Reading!!
Emma and Kelsey <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Queen's Rising Series by Rebecca Ross

 I loved this series! I never wanted it to end! Rebecca Ross has an amazing writing style that pulls you into the story and won't let go. There's mystery which I love. I enjoy having something to figure out, and the author being able to keep the truth hidden until the end. Guessing is obviously my favorite, but I thoroughly enjoy being wrong at the end.  ;)  If you love fantasy and great storytelling, jump into this two book series! I can't wait to read more of her writing! The Queen's Rising When her seventeenth summer solstice arrives, Brienna desires only two things: to master her passion and to be chosen by a patron. Growing up in the southern kingdom of Valenia at the renowned Magnalia House should have prepared her. While some are born with a talent for one of the five passions—art, music, dramatics, wit, and knowledge—Brienna struggled to find hers until she chose knowledge. However, despite all her preparations, Brienna’s greatest fear comes true: she is left wi...

Three Dark Crowns Series by Kendare Blake!!!

Review:  I'm going to review all of these together because well...I read them all back to back and loved each one. It's also been a minute since I binged them. BUT these were amazing and I'm so glad I finally pulled the first one off my shelf, quickly realizing that I was going to need the rest of the series and immediately ordered the set to my house. These are a bit darker, but that just adds to the intrigue. The darkness pulls you in, begging you to unlock all of the dirty secrets hidden within. From the first synopsis you know the last queen gets the crown. But, Kendare Blake puts you into the lives of each sister. Letting you get to know them, their friends, their personalities. It's hard to root for one queen knowing the others would have to die. It would be easy if you could just hate them all from page one or possibly have one you love the most, but she goes and gets you attached to all of them with her amazing writing. I didn't want the story to end. There ...

Say You're Sorry By Karen Rose!

Say You're Sorry by Karen Rose Introducing the first novel in the pulse-pounding Sacramento series from  New York Times  bestselling author Karen Rose. There is a serial killer on the loose, preying on vulnerable women. The only identifiable mark the killer leaves are letters—sometimes one, sometimes two—all carved into the torsos of his victims. Together they spell “Sydney.” When he grabs Daisy Dawson, he believes he has found his next victim. But despite her small stature, she fights back with an expertise that quickly frees her. Before fleeing the scene, Daisy also manages to grab what proves to be crucial evidence: a necklace from around the killer’s neck. The necklace is more than a trivial item—it is a link to a cold case that Special Agent Gideon Reynolds has been tracking for seventeen years. With Daisy’s help, Gideon finally has the opportunity to get closer to the truth than ever before. But they might not get the chance, as the serial killer has a new target: ...