Skip to main content

Top Pick Post! Looking for something to read??

Heyyyyy!!!!
Hope everyone is going to have a great week full of reading! Here's some book recommendations, if you're looking for a new read!!


Emma:
Happy Monday!!  I'm going to write about THE SELECTION series, which was recommended to me by the one and only Kelsey.  Actually, it was less recommended, and more a birthday present with the caveat of "YOU MUST READ THIS NOW" and when Kelsey says to do something, you do it :)

The Selection by Kiera Cass


The first book in the captivating, #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series! Discover a breathless fairy-tale romance with swoon-worthy characters, glittering gowns, fierce intrigue, and a dystopian world that will captivate readers who loved Veronica Roth’s Divergent, Ally Condie’s Matched, and Lauren Oliver’s Delirium.
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape a rigid caste system, live in a palace, and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon. But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her, and competing for a crown she doesn’t want.
Then America meets Prince Maxon—and realizes that the life she’s always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

Audience: 13+

Review:
If you love The Bachelor, and you also love Divergent, and The Hunger Games then why haven't you read this series yet?!  While one doesn't typically think "dystopia" when thinking about The Bachelor (wait...I take that back, maybe you might!)  THE SELECTION brings everything great about a reality dating television series, and turns it on its head, while adding the turmoil of a culture in chaos outside the palace walls.  I loved the protagonist, America and her aversion to all things regarding the bachelor, Prince Maxon.  It made the love story just that much stronger.  What I really loved though was how the spotlight was on America as a stand alone character, and not on the prince.  Kiera Cass keeps you guessing all the way through the end of the third book for the big reveal, and I loved that I honestly couldn't tell what the outcome would be until it got there.  I haven't finished the last two books in the series yet, I got a little frustrated with a new character, and on top of that I got my hands on a new ARC so I put it away for a while, but never fear, it's still on my TBR mountain!

Barnes and Noble
Amazon

Kelsey: 
Hey everyone!
This was a book recommendation from Jonah Lisa Dyer author of The Season and friend of Adriana Mather!!! I'm so glad she popped by our store to sign copies of The Season, took time out of her day to chat with us, and recommended us this amazing book!

How To Hang A Witch by Adriana Mather
Salem, Massachusetts is the site of the infamous witch trials and the new home of Samantha Mather. Recently transplanted from New York City, Sam and her stepmother are not exactly welcomed with open arms. Sam is the descendant of Cotton Mather, one of the men responsible for those trials and almost immediately, she becomes the enemy of a group of girls who call themselves The Descendants. And guess who their ancestors were?

If dealing with that weren't enough, Sam also comes face to face with a real live (well technically dead) ghost. A handsome, angry ghost who wants Sam to stop touching his stuff. But soon Sam discovers she is at the center of a centuries old curse affecting anyone with ties to the trials. Sam must come to terms with the ghost and find a way to work with The Descendants to stop a deadly cycle that has been going on since the first accused witch was hanged. If any town should have learned its lesson, it's Salem. But history may be about to repeat itself.

Audience: 13+

Review:
This book gave me the chills from beginning to end! Salem is intriguing in general, so this book was amazing! Plus she uses a connection from her life which is extremely interesting. The story development is great as you learn more about the different stories of what happened at the beginning of Salem, and how each character reacts to the past. I love the main character because she's imperfect which all of us are, so it's easy to identify with her. I love her clumsiness! I love the love story too!! I just love it all! Go read it! There's also a great message within the story about bullying. 

Links to buy this book>>>

Barnes and Noble
Amazon

Add it to your Goodreads!!

Current Read: The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson
What are you guys currently reading??? Let us know in the comments.
Emma and Kelsey <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Queen's Rising Series by Rebecca Ross

 I loved this series! I never wanted it to end! Rebecca Ross has an amazing writing style that pulls you into the story and won't let go. There's mystery which I love. I enjoy having something to figure out, and the author being able to keep the truth hidden until the end. Guessing is obviously my favorite, but I thoroughly enjoy being wrong at the end.  ;)  If you love fantasy and great storytelling, jump into this two book series! I can't wait to read more of her writing! The Queen's Rising When her seventeenth summer solstice arrives, Brienna desires only two things: to master her passion and to be chosen by a patron. Growing up in the southern kingdom of Valenia at the renowned Magnalia House should have prepared her. While some are born with a talent for one of the five passions—art, music, dramatics, wit, and knowledge—Brienna struggled to find hers until she chose knowledge. However, despite all her preparations, Brienna’s greatest fear comes true: she is left wi...

Three Dark Crowns Series by Kendare Blake!!!

Review:  I'm going to review all of these together because well...I read them all back to back and loved each one. It's also been a minute since I binged them. BUT these were amazing and I'm so glad I finally pulled the first one off my shelf, quickly realizing that I was going to need the rest of the series and immediately ordered the set to my house. These are a bit darker, but that just adds to the intrigue. The darkness pulls you in, begging you to unlock all of the dirty secrets hidden within. From the first synopsis you know the last queen gets the crown. But, Kendare Blake puts you into the lives of each sister. Letting you get to know them, their friends, their personalities. It's hard to root for one queen knowing the others would have to die. It would be easy if you could just hate them all from page one or possibly have one you love the most, but she goes and gets you attached to all of them with her amazing writing. I didn't want the story to end. There ...

Say You're Sorry By Karen Rose!

Say You're Sorry by Karen Rose Introducing the first novel in the pulse-pounding Sacramento series from  New York Times  bestselling author Karen Rose. There is a serial killer on the loose, preying on vulnerable women. The only identifiable mark the killer leaves are letters—sometimes one, sometimes two—all carved into the torsos of his victims. Together they spell “Sydney.” When he grabs Daisy Dawson, he believes he has found his next victim. But despite her small stature, she fights back with an expertise that quickly frees her. Before fleeing the scene, Daisy also manages to grab what proves to be crucial evidence: a necklace from around the killer’s neck. The necklace is more than a trivial item—it is a link to a cold case that Special Agent Gideon Reynolds has been tracking for seventeen years. With Daisy’s help, Gideon finally has the opportunity to get closer to the truth than ever before. But they might not get the chance, as the serial killer has a new target: ...