Skip to main content

The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson

Hey guys!!

So this is the third book in an amazing series, The Remnant Chronicles. I had bought this book the day it came out because I LOVED the first two. It was sitting on my shelf for awhile with me staring at it from afar since August 2, 2016!! At one point I was carrying it around in my purse, but never opened it. I didn't know why until I read that first page on Wednesday. I stroked the pages and realized that starting it meant I would have to finish it, and it was the last book in the series. I wasn't ready to let go. That's how amazing this series is. The characters latch on to you and you never want to let go!

Okay, I'm going to put the synopsis of the third book down there which will probably give you some spoilers,  so skip over that and to the review if you want a feel for the book and series!!



The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson

Lia has survived Venda—but so has a great evil bent on the destruction of Morrighan. And only Lia can stop it.

With war on the horizon, Lia has no choice but to assume her role as First Daughter, as soldier—as leader. While she struggles to reach Morrighan and warn them, she finds herself at cross-purposes with Rafe and suspicious of Kaden, who has hunted her down.

In this conclusion to the Remnant Chronicles trilogy, traitors must be rooted out, sacrifices must be made, and impossible odds must be overcome as the future of every kingdom hangs in the balance.


Audience: 13+

Review:
I have to say this bar far one of my favorite fantasy books of all time, and I read quite a bit of fantasy. Lia is a princess who is to be married off to the prince of another kingdom, whom she's never met. This is terrifying to her, all of her choices were taken away without a thought to what she wanted, so she runs away. That's in the first book, and my how she grows throughout the series. These books tell stories of multiple characters, and how each of them grows through out each. I'm extremely happy for the way this beautiful and dark story ended. I found myself stroking the pages each time another part of Pauline's story was reveled. My heart ached as characters were torn apart, and I hoped for a better ending for these characters that had been through hell and back. Her story building is amazing you will see, hear, smell, and believe everything coming off the pages. Some of the struggles are mirrors of real life challenges many face. Trust issues, respect, and underestimating the power of hope. 
This is a series you don't want to miss. You'll love it, hate it, cry and laugh. These characters will never leave you. Ever. It's just extremely beautiful, and I can't stop thinking about it!!! <3


Links to buy each book>>>

Kiss of Deception (Book 1)
Barnes and Noble
Amazon

Add it to your Goodreads!!

The Heart of Betrayal (Book 2)
Barnes and Noble
Amazon

Add it to your Goodreads!! 

The Beauty of Darkness (Book 3)
Barnes and Noble
Amazon

Add it to your Goodreads!!

Emma has it on her to read shelf, so when she reads it her review will be on here too!!!!

What's your favorite fantasy novel??? Let us know in the comments!!!
Emma and Kelsey <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Queen's Rising Series by Rebecca Ross

 I loved this series! I never wanted it to end! Rebecca Ross has an amazing writing style that pulls you into the story and won't let go. There's mystery which I love. I enjoy having something to figure out, and the author being able to keep the truth hidden until the end. Guessing is obviously my favorite, but I thoroughly enjoy being wrong at the end.  ;)  If you love fantasy and great storytelling, jump into this two book series! I can't wait to read more of her writing! The Queen's Rising When her seventeenth summer solstice arrives, Brienna desires only two things: to master her passion and to be chosen by a patron. Growing up in the southern kingdom of Valenia at the renowned Magnalia House should have prepared her. While some are born with a talent for one of the five passions—art, music, dramatics, wit, and knowledge—Brienna struggled to find hers until she chose knowledge. However, despite all her preparations, Brienna’s greatest fear comes true: she is left wi...

Three Dark Crowns Series by Kendare Blake!!!

Review:  I'm going to review all of these together because well...I read them all back to back and loved each one. It's also been a minute since I binged them. BUT these were amazing and I'm so glad I finally pulled the first one off my shelf, quickly realizing that I was going to need the rest of the series and immediately ordered the set to my house. These are a bit darker, but that just adds to the intrigue. The darkness pulls you in, begging you to unlock all of the dirty secrets hidden within. From the first synopsis you know the last queen gets the crown. But, Kendare Blake puts you into the lives of each sister. Letting you get to know them, their friends, their personalities. It's hard to root for one queen knowing the others would have to die. It would be easy if you could just hate them all from page one or possibly have one you love the most, but she goes and gets you attached to all of them with her amazing writing. I didn't want the story to end. There ...

Say You're Sorry By Karen Rose!

Say You're Sorry by Karen Rose Introducing the first novel in the pulse-pounding Sacramento series from  New York Times  bestselling author Karen Rose. There is a serial killer on the loose, preying on vulnerable women. The only identifiable mark the killer leaves are letters—sometimes one, sometimes two—all carved into the torsos of his victims. Together they spell “Sydney.” When he grabs Daisy Dawson, he believes he has found his next victim. But despite her small stature, she fights back with an expertise that quickly frees her. Before fleeing the scene, Daisy also manages to grab what proves to be crucial evidence: a necklace from around the killer’s neck. The necklace is more than a trivial item—it is a link to a cold case that Special Agent Gideon Reynolds has been tracking for seventeen years. With Daisy’s help, Gideon finally has the opportunity to get closer to the truth than ever before. But they might not get the chance, as the serial killer has a new target: ...